Rockwood Retirement Communities COVID-19 Update
March 17, 2020
Rockwood Retirement Communities prioritizes the health and safety of its residents and team members, and extends this concern to members of the community at large and we are taking every precaution to prevent the virus from entering our communities.
At this time we do not have any cases of COVID-19 in our communities. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our buildings. These precautions are reinforced by Washington Governor Jay Inslee’s ban on gatherings of 50 people or more and the closing of schools and restaurants. At this time we are not accepting visitors or tours in our communities. Our marketing teams are happy to talk with you about our communities and e-mail or mail you information until we can meet you in person to tour.
Effective March 17, 2020, the following steps are in effect to protect residents, and prevent any possible spread through the community:
• Visitors are not allowed until further notice. (Exceptions may be granted for end-of-life situations).
• In our healthcare areas communal dining has been replaced by individual in-room dining.
• All scheduled events, programs, organized outings, services, classes and shopping will be canceled or postponed. Transportation to medical appointments will continue.
• We will be setting up means of communication via video conferencing for those that are interested- more details to come on that front.
• Supplies can be dropped off at the entrance to our communities. (Deliveries from Amazon, Target, Pharmacies, etc. are continuing as well).
• Everyone entering one of the buildings will be screened (including temperature taken) before access is given. This includes all team members and residents who leave the community.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly, while doing our best to continue regular communications. Please call (509) 413-1216 to hear the current status at Rockwood. We extend our gratitude to our team members who are showing up each day to keep our residents healthy and safe. Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation during this time. We are actively looking for creative ways to keep our team members and residents smiling and engaging with each other while practicing social distancing. Together, we will overcome this by approaching it one day at time with grace and kindness toward one another. Call 1-800-727-6650 for general information or to be connected to the department of your choice at Rockwood.