Rockwood Retirement Communities COVID-19 Update
October 15, 2020
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Rockwood South Hill is pleased to announce that this week’s team member COVID testing results all came back negative! We want to thank our team for continuing to practice all the necessary precautions to help keep our community safe!
This means that we are lifting restrictions and returning to Phase 2 protocols effective immediately.
- Independent resident visits can resume but must occur in the resident’s home with a limit of 2 people one time per day from 8:00am to 7:00pm.
- Healthcare visits can resume outdoors, in the Main Lounge or in Viva Café by reservation
- Dining venues reopen to independent residents only. No cart service starting with lunch today.
- Viva Salon & Spa, and the Atrium and Courtyard salons resume services
- Forest Estates residents may use the amenities in the Towers
- Transportation services for RDAR and Lincoln Heights shopping resumes by reservation
- Fitness Center - resume by appointment only
- Library – Tuesday Library day from 9:30-11:00am
- Wood shop – open M/W/ F from 8:00am-4:00pm
- Golf Simulator – resume by appointment only
- Rockwood Christian Fellowship - resume October 17 RSVP to Connie at 808-1399
- Movies, lectures, and outings resume – remember to RSVP your attendance to 536-6706
- Housekeeping in Independent Living apartments resumes October 18
- Maintenance routine services resume
- The Community Center pool and spa will resume October 20 by reservation
We continue to perform team member COVID testing each Monday for our health center and other departments which support health care areas.
Remember all persons must be screened before entering and masks are mandatory in all common areas.
Rockwood Hawthorne continues to take the following measures to mitigate risk of exposure:
- No visitors allowed. Exceptions can be made for end of life situations.
- Outside and window visitations are permitted.
- Dining room is closed and meals are provided in resident rooms or for delivery to our homes and duplexes.
- Limited group activities and amenities with spacing and screening requirements.
- In-home maintenance repairs of non-emergency nature.
- All team members, returning residents, and visitors screened upon entry per CDC guidelines.
- Team members who can work remotely are working from home.
- Any team member who presents with symptoms is not being allowed to work.
- Common area surfaces are sanitized consistently 24 hours per day.
If you have additional questions, we ask that you first visit the Rockwood website for current updates. At www.rockwoodretirement.org, click on the COVID-19 update at the top of the home page. If you have further questions, please contact Andrew Gorton, General Manager, Rockwood South Hill, at (509) 536 6650, or email@example.com. Due to the increase in inquiries, please patiently await a response.
The COVID-19 situation changes daily. We receive regular communications from the Washington State Department of Health, Spokane Regional Health District, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest news and resources.
Rockwood Retirement Communities continues to do everything we can to protect our residents and team members from exposure to COVID-19. Because of our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our community, we have taken a proactive approach to mitigation measures within our control. We are steadfast in our practices and procedures to minimize this threat. Thank you for your support and understanding.
This information isn’t comprehensive and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult with a relevant expert for specific guidance for your circumstances.