Rockwood Retirement Communities is seeking a part-time Chaplain for our Rockwood at Whitworth campus on the north side. The Chaplain’s primary role is to provide ministerial and pastoral care services to the residents, their loved ones and team members. The Chaplain enhances, supports and promotes the spiritual life of the residents of our community.
Rockwood Retirement Communities is one of the only mission-driven, locally owned, non-profit retirement home providers in the Inland Northwest. We have served Spokane seniors since 1960 with a mission of providing lifelong vitality and independence to our residents. Our residents’ wellbeing is at the heart of all decision making at Rockwood.
Rockwood Hawthorne is undergoing a complete redevelopment to become Rockwood at Whitworth. Much more than just a name change, we are extensively upgrading our entire campus as part of Rockwood’s commitment to provide the best, most innovative senior living experience in the Inland Northwest. Rockwood communities offer a full range of lifestyle options. Included are independent living homes, duplexes and apartments, assisted living including dementia care for people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, and 24-hour skilled nursing if ever needed. We are also not-for-profit and accredited. As a Life Plan Community, we have the quality care each individual needs. This allows families to be together in the same community.
This role will be 20 - 25 hours/week [Sun-Thurs]
- Worship Services – arrange weekly worship services in the community or virtually if need be.
- Resident Care – primary duty is to provide ministerial and pastoral services to the residents and their loved ones. Providing support for a wide range of spiritual beliefs during their journey through this phase of their life.
- Crisis Management – being available to offer comfort to the individual as well as their family, supporting them in their fear or grief.
- Team Member Care – supporting the community team members by providing a spiritual perspective as well as grief/crisis counseling when needed.
- Event Planning – provide events to bolster the spiritual experience of residents and team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in Theology, Behavioral Sciences, Ministry or related field, plus 1 unit of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) with APC.
- Master’s degree is preferred in Health Care Ministry, Theology, Christian Spirituality, Pastoral Counseling, or Pastoral Studies and certification in APC
This position qualifies for the following benefits/perks:
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Employee Assistance Program — LifeMatters
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center Access for employee and a guest on South Hill campus
- The Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Free parking
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B vaccine
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.