Rockwood South Hill is looking for a compassionate and caring Nursing Assistant who is nurse delegated and interested in making a difference in the lives of our residents and their families. Under direction and supervision of a licensed nurse, prepares, administers & documents select oral, nasal, transdermal, inhalant and optic scheduled medications to residents as prescribed by resident's physician and notes any adverse actions or side effects of the medications in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Rockwood Retirement Communities, current standards of practice and care and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Prepare, administer medications as prescribed by the resident physician, and document medications given to facility residents under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within regulatory time frames.
- Monitor resident's vital signs and/or weight as indicated.
- Observe reportable, suspected and adverse reactions to medications administered.
- Prepare written and verbal reports related to successful or unsuccessful medication administration, changes in resident condition and/or departures from usual and routine organizational operations.
- Assist the Nursing Assistants and Licensed Nurses as needed and/or directed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Valid Washington State Nursing Assistant Certification (NA-C)
- Certification of completion - Nurse Delegation Program
This position qualifies for the following perks:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices [Coffee shop on site!]
- Food Pantry - free to all team members in need
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Free Notary Service
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Free access to our fitness facilities and a Plus One Program
- Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Free parking
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Appreciation Events/Gifts
- Employee Appreciation Award Cards
- Employee Newsletter with monthly game/prize
- Listening sessions to encourage and celebrate new ideas
- Employee Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Encourage promotion from within
Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.