This position will partner with the Medical Director for Epidemiology/Infectious Disease to develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plan. They will also partner with campus leaders, physicians, local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention, COVID-19 interventions and regulations.
Job Shift: Full time Monday - Friday
- Oversees the operations of the infection prevention, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and relevant safety programs.
- Accountable for surveillance of healthcare acquired and community acquired infections.
- Participates in the national collaborative and external reporting to CDC NHSN system, and other post-acute-care specific quality organizations.
- Authority and responsibility for ensuring appropriate education occurs with staff, volunteers and medical staff when healthcare infection trends, outbreaks or regulatory non-compliance of principles of infection control/OSHA are identified.
- Responsible for education and counseling on infection prevention for staff, volunteers and medical staff.
- Direct, support and participate in interdisciplinary performance and the quality improvement process by maintaining Quality Assurance Performance Improvement objectives and projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and ensures that the campus leaders are informed of appropriate issues. Understands, complies with and directs efforts that ensure compliance with infection control, safety and OSHA/CMS procedures and regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Current Washington State RN license
- Bachelor of Science (BSN)
- Special training in an Infection Prevention & Control from an accredited Continuing Education
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 3+ years experience in Long Term Care
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills
All employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week, and have completed our waiting period of employment are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Wellworks Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (LifeMatters EAP)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(b) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays Per Calendar Year
- Holiday Pay
- Group Life Term Insurance and AD&D (Emp., spouse and child(ren) -Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Pet Bereavement Leave, Personal Leave and Military Leave
- Years of Service Bonus
- Rockwood Retirement Residents' Foundation Funds for employees (e.g., Employee Assistance Fund, Employee Tuition Assistance, Employee Scholarship Fund)
Additional perks include:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices [Coffee shop on site!]
- Food Pantry - free to all team members in need
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Free Notary Service
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Free access to our fitness facilities and a Plus One Program
- Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Free parking
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Appreciation Events/Gifts
- Employee Appreciation Award Cards
- Employee Newsletter with monthly game/prize
- Listening sessions to encourage and celebrate new ideas
- Employee Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Encourage promotion from within
Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.