Rockwood South Hill is seeking an experienced Pantry Cook to prepare cold food items for our kitchen, such as salads and sandwiches under the supervision of a sous chef and/or executive sous chef.
• Fruit and vegetable chopping, dicing, and slicing.
• Must be able to rotate stock and use FIFO food storage methods.
• Customer service skills required to serve residents and guests at salad bar during peak meal service times.
• Must be able to forecast and prepare sandwich and salad items for retail sales and employee break room feeding.
• Must have menu reading skills along with ability to read and follow recipes for food preparation.
• Job requires pushing and pulling of carts.
• Job also requires ability to stand for long periods of time while preparing items for service.
The selected candidate will be available the following days/times:
Friday - Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
United States (Required)
Required Skills and Experience
• Hands-on experience with professional kitchen equipment.
• Understanding of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
• Current Washington State Food Handlers permit.
• Serve Safe preferred.
• Neat, well- groomed appearance.
• Ability to work well under intense time pressure.
• Dedication to on-time arrivals for scheduled shifts.
• Willingness to be a part of, and work well with a team.
• Excellent customer service.
• Able to pass a criminal background check.
• At least 2 positive references from previous employer (hospitality industry preferred).
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Pay-in-lieu of benefit option
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays Per Calendar Year
- Holiday Pay
- Group Life Insurance
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, and Military Leave
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- SmartDollar – Free subscription
- Free Fitness Center Access for employee and a guest on campus
- Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Fitness programs such as Boot Camp on campus
- Employee Health & Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Free parking
- Holiday celebrations
- Employee Appreciation Events/Gifts
- Employee Appreciation Award Cards
- Employee Newsletter with monthly game/prize
- Listening sessions to encourage and celebrate new ideas
- Employee Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Management Training Series
- Encourage promotion from within
- Opportunity to join many different types of committees
Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.