Rockwood at Whitworth has the opportunity for you! Join our team and make a difference in our residents' lives! We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef to join our Food Service department. This position is responsible for planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities. Our kitchen is fun and fast-paced! If you are qualified, we encourage you to apply now!
• Responsible for planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities.
• Complies with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
• Hires and trains dietary personnel, such as cooks, food preparation personnel, dishwashers, and other dietary personnel.
• Responsible for performance management of dietary personnel; 30/60/90-day reviews, annual performance evaluations, coaching, and discipline of dietary personnel.
• Oversees work schedules for dietary personnel.
• Modify/create menus to meet quality standards and take advantage of foods in season and local availability.
• Prepares various foods depending on the menu created by dietitians, for each meal of the day.
• Meets with the Dietician and FSD regularly to discuss meal planning and dietary changes.
• Maintains documentation for the dietary department such as temp logs, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and other documents.
• Maintains and creates recipe books for seasonal changes.
• Ensures catering is performed accordingly and consistently.
• Cooks food in quantities according to the menu and number of persons to be served.
• Operates kitchen equipment in preparation for meals.
• Works cooperatively and maintains a good working relationship with supervisors and all staff.
• Upholds the RRC Values in all interactions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Education in Culinary or related fields preferred.
• Minimum five years of related experience required.
• Current Food Handlers certification.
• Available to work on-call shifts, after hours, weekends, and on holidays.
• Cover work breaks.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Effective computer skills; particularly utilizing the Microsoft Suite of Word and Excel programs.
• Effective oral, written, and reading skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of online recipe IT platforms.
All employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week and have completed our waiting period of employment are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision & TruHear Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation - available after 90-days of service
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays per calendar year after 90-days of service
- Holiday pay
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- Group Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Critical Illness
- Critical Accident
- Identity Theft Protection Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Pet Bereavement, Personal Leave, Family Leave, and Military Leave
Additional perks include:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Employee Financial Assistance Fund (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Continuing Education Scholarships (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Job Shadowing opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities for Nursing Assistant Certification
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center access for employee and a guest on campus
- Employee Health and Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Ability to purchase discounted Premiere Movie Passes
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Years of Service Celebrations and Awards
- Referral Programs
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Free parking
- Open Door Philosophy
- Encourage and support promotions from within
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.