We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast paced culinary environment. Dishwashers at Rockwood Retirement Communities are a critical part of the kitchen team. This position is designed to set you up for a long-term and rewarding kitchen career. This individual would be responsible for removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next guest. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed. Rockwood Retirement will train individuals who are courteous, well-groomed/neat/clean appearance, good communication skills, and willing to work as part of a team.
Job Shift: 4:00pm - 9:00pm 5 nights a week
- Operate the industrial dishwasher.
- Wash and put away dishes from all dining rooms, insuring items are clean and sanitary.
- Position also delivers and retrieves food cart and other items.
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles.
- Follow sanitation policies at all times.
- Provide assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times.
- Perform opening, closing and side work.
Required Skills and Experience
- Obtain and hold state required Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Continuous bending, reaching, twisting and use of hands and arms.
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must enjoy working with the senior population.
Additional perks include:
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Soup and meal discount plan
- Employee food pantry
- Free Fitness Center Access for employee and a guest on campus
- Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Free parking
- Employee Appreciation Events/Gifts
- Employee Appreciation Award Cards
- Employee Newsletter with monthly game/prize
- Employee Referral Programs
Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.