Now Offering $300 Retention Bonus!!
Rockwood Retirement Communities is hiring a full-time Dishwasher for our South-Hill Location. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Dishwashers at Rockwood Retirement Communities are a critical part of the kitchen team. This position is designed to set you up for a long-term and rewarding kitchen career.
- Sat-Sun 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Mon 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Tue-Wed 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Note: Please be advised that per Gov. Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment with Rockwood Retirement Communities, you must be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021. If an employee needs accommodation from this mandate due to a disability under the ADA or Washington Law Against Discrimination or due to a sincerely held religious belief, the employee should contact the Agency’s Human Resources Department.
- Operate the industrial dishwasher
- Wash and put away dishes from all dining rooms, ensuring items are clean and sanitary
- The position also delivers and retrieves food carts and other items
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles
- Follow sanitation policies at all times
- Provide assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times
- Perform opening, closing, and side work
- Fruit and vegetable chopping, dicing, and slicing
- Must be able to rotate stock and use FIFO food storage methods
- Customer service skills required to serve residents and guests at salad bar during peak meal service times
- Must be able to forecast and prepare sandwich and salad items for retail sales and employee break room feeding
Required Skills and Experience
- Obtain and hold state-required Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Continuous bending, reaching, twisting, and use of hands and arms.
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must enjoy working with the senior population.
All employees regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week and have completed our waiting period of employment are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision & TruHear Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation - available after 90-days of service
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal days per calendar year after 90-days of service
- Holiday pay for all hourly employees that work a designated holiday - no waiting period
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- Group Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Critical Illness
- Critical Accident
- Identity Theft Protection Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Pet Bereavement, Personal Leave, Family Leave, and Military Leave
Additional perks include:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Employee Financial Assistance Fund (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Continuing Education Scholarships (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Paid Job Shadowing opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities for Nursing Assistant Certification
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center access for employees and a guest on campus
- Employee Health and Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Ability to purchase discounted Premiere Movie Passes
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Years of Service Celebrations and Awards
- Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Free parking
- Open Door Philosophy
- Encourage and support promotions from within
Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere
Pay: Up to $14.69 per hour
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.