Rockwood South Hill is looking for an experienced Cook to join our Food Service department. This position is responsible for providing a pleasurable dining experience for our residents, their families, and our team members by preparing high-quality food.
Sunday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Monday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Tuesday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Wednesday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Saturday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Sunday: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Monday: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Thursday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Friday: 4:45am – 1:15pm
Saturday: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Note: Please be advised that per Gov. Inslee’s proclamation, as a condition of employment with Rockwood Retirement Communities, you must be fully vaccinated by October 18, 2021. If an employee needs accommodation from this mandate due to a disability under the ADA or Washington Law Against Discrimination or due to a sincerely held religious belief, the employee should contact the Agency’s Human Resources Department.
- Cooks food in quantities according to the menu and number of persons to be served.
- Plans menu, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- May serve meals.
- May order supplies.
- Prepare various foods depending on menu created by dietitians, for each meal of the day.
- Operate kitchen equipment in preparation for meals.
- Required to clean work surfaces following shift: sweep floors, wipe down counter space, cover and store unused foods.
- Able to create meals that are appropriate for the elderly and in large quantities.
- Able to work at a constant pace to ensure the food is ready for each meal of the day.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Washington State food handlers permit
- 2-3 years food service or restaurant experience required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently
- Ability to pass a food service sanitation course
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes
- Medical/Dental/Vision & TruHear Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation - available after 90-days of service
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal days per calendar year after 90-days of service
- Holiday pay
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- Group Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Critical Illness
- Critical Accident
- Identity Theft Protection Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Jury Duty, Bereavement Leave, Pet Bereavement, Personal Leave, Family Leave, and Military Leave
Additional perks include:
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Food Pantry, Free/Discreet
- Employee Financial Assistance Fund (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Continuing Education Scholarships (Rockwood Residents' Foundation Benefits)
- Sponsorship opportunities for Nursing Assistant Certification
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center access for employees and a guest on campus
- Employee Health and Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Ability to purchase discounted Premiere Movie Passes
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Years of Service Celebrations and Awards
- Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Free parking
- Open Door Philosophy
- Encourage and support promotions from within
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.