Rockwood South Hill is looking for an experienced Cook to join our Food Service department. This position is responsible for providing a pleasurable dining experience for our residents, their families and our team members by preparing high quality food.
- Tuesday, Friday and Saturdays' 10:15am - 6:45pm
- Wednesday's and Thursday's 10:45am - 7:15pm
Sunday and Monday's off
- Cooks food in quantities according to the menu and number of persons to be served.
- Plans menu, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- May serve meals.
- May order supplies.
- Prepare various foods depending on menu created by dietitians, for each meal of the day.
- Operate kitchen equipment in preparation for meals.
- Required to clean work surfaces following shift: sweep floors, wipe down counter space, cover and store unused foods.
- Able to create meals that are appropriate for the elderly and in large quantities.
- Able to work at a constant pace to ensure the food is ready for each meal of the day.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Washington State food handlers permit
- 2-3 years food service or restaurant experience required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently
- Ability to pass a food service sanitation course
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 403(B) with match and no waiting period to begin deferrals
- 6 Paid Holidays and 2 Personal Holidays Per Calendar Year
- Holiday pay
- Group Life Insurance
- Jury Duty,
- Bereavement Leave, and Military Leave
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Employee Assistance Program — LifeMatters
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center Access for employee and a guest on campus
- The Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Employee Health and Wellness Program [participation results in discounted monthly insurance premiums]
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Free parking
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Programs
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B vaccine
Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere, collaborative
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.