This position will work at both Rockwood campuses (Rockwood South Hill and Rockwood at Whitworth) and is responsible for assisting the Director of Development in performing a wide range of duties and tasks supporting the work of the Rockwood Residents’ Foundation. Duties include representing the Foundation at events and meetings, helping coordinate Foundation activities at both Rockwood South Hill and Rockwood at Whitworth, as well as completing administrative tasks, support of project organization, developing relationships with potential donors and communication, and promotion of fundraising events, such as donor engagement, stewardship, and educational events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
· Represent the Rockwood Residents’ Foundation at specific events and meetings, this includes public speaking opportunities.
· Meet with residents and staff to answer questions about the Foundation and provide educational information.
· Attend all Foundation Board and Committee meetings as well as take notes and draft minutes of the meetings for distribution to Executive Leadership, Board and Committee members.
· Organize materials for Board and Committee meetings and create informational packets for each Board member, committee member and executive leadership team member attending the meeting.
· Schedule and reconfirm appointments for the Director of Development.
· Receive and organize RSVP’s for all Foundation events.
· Organize and maintain invitation lists for all Foundation events.
· Manage mailings the Foundation sends out including invitations, save the dates, and fundraising requests.
· Interact with residents on a daily basis developing relationships to further Foundation success.
· Help track donations, process checks and draft and mail acknowledgement letters.
· Manage the donor tree at both campuses making sure it is updated once a year.
· Manage and update Foundation information on Rockwood’s internal communication platform.
· Contribute content to Rockwood’s newsletters at each campus, specifically memorial donations.
· Share in running errands for the Foundation department.
· Maintain confidentiality of all resident and employee information.
· Participate in Rockwood events outside of Foundation events.
· Maintain work operations by following policies and procedures.
· Create a respectful reputation for the Rockwood Residents’ Foundation.
· Good inter-personal skills.
· Adheres to all professional standards, policy and procedures; federal, state and local requirements.
· Work cooperatively with supervisors and staff and maintain a good working relationship with all staff.
· Upholds the RRC Values in all interactions.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience:to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
· Preferred Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
· Preferred two years’ experience in a professional office setting
· Multi-tasking skills
· Effective oral, written, communication and reading skills
· Proven ability to work with multi-generational groups and individuals
· Outstanding organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.