The Activity Assistant treasures the history, respects the talents, adapts to the needs of each resident to provide quality life experiences.
Job Shift: 9:30AM-5:00PM Wednesday-Saturday, Temporary from now until the end of July.
- Provide individual, small group and large group programming to residents with varying levels of ability.
- Create programming to be both structured and spontaneous, focusing on person centered care for Physical, Intellectual, Emotional and Social needs.
- Create program descriptions; including supplies and time needed to coordinate the activity per Assisted Living requirements.
- Become acquainted with resident histories, care plans, and family members.
- Tracks resident attendance, interactions and emotional state for each activity.
- Evaluate each resident and update activity requests on a scheduled basis.
- Chart daily activities for residents in Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Lead scheduled activities per monthly calendars
- Communicate resident concerns to Health Center Activity Manager or appropriate staff.
- Assist with creating flyers and other documentation as needed.
- Complete Activity Assessments for new admissions to the Skilled Nursing Health Center.
Review Assessments for possible programs or individual care plans.
Assist with resident Birthday and Anniversary celebrations
Assist with Health Center and Independent Living combined annual events.
Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings
Continue and maintain education/certifications as required.
Complete passenger van drive training.
Additional duties may be required as the Activity program consistently changes with resident needs and state requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Candidate must have experience working with senior adults in a retirement community setting.
- Must be proficient in arts and crafts and possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must demonstrate strong computer and clerical skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to perform program research, assist in planning programs and be comfortable with public speaking.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license. Three-year Driver’s Abstract/Record required at time of in-person interview.
- Experience driving a 10+passenger van with a wheelchair lift preferred. *Current CPR-First Aid cards preferred
- Free soup and discounted meal prices
- Employee Bus Pass Program – Deep discount
- Free Fitness Center Access for employee and a Plus 1 Program
- The Spokane Fitness Center membership – Deep discount
- Payroll deductions for coffee and meals at our restaurants
- Coffee shop on campus!
- Free parking
- Mother's Room
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Referral Programs
- Years of Service Celebrations and appreciation bonus
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Hepatitis B vaccine
- Environment: Fair, fun, kind, caring, safe, diverse, family-like atmosphere
You may apply online now, or submit an intent to apply form, to notify us of your interest, and complete your application later.